Everybody has a blog what’s in Excalibur. I have found that a lot of stuff is not in the tech preview. So let’s take a look what’s missing. And maybe we can find an answer for it.
Excalibur vs XenApp 6.5:
- First mayor change is losing the IMA services. I have written an article about that already that you can read here.
- Shadowing is no longer available, it has been deprecated in favor of Director which uses Microsoft Remote Assistance.
- There is no Secure Gateway installation software on the media. I think Access Gateway is the only way left.
- As announced the Web Interface software will not be available. StoreFront is what Citrix wants us to use instead.
- Power and Capacity Management is no longer on the installation media and no Policy settings can be found. Maybe due to the V-Alliance with Microsoft, SCCM 2012 will be used.
Excalibur vs XenDesktop 5
At this point there is nothing mayor that has changed with the early releases of XenDesktop. Excalibur is in my opinion a next release XenDesktop to support Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8.
I can’t wait to see what Citrix has cooked up for us.